Financial Literacy Education For The Next Generation
At Financial Advisors Network, Inc., we believe in education. We are excited to have the opportunity to share our combined experience with the next generation of Beckman High School graduates through our financial literacy course. The goal of our class, at Beckman, is to help these young adults strengthen their understanding of the financial future by providing them with the fundamental building blocks of a strong financial plan.
Throughout the eight-week course, beginning October 12, 2017, (taught in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018), every senior at Beckman High School will learn about:
- Managing college expenses
- Building and managing credit
- The impact of student loans and other forms of debt
- How to find employment and relevant work experience in college
- How to gain employment after graduating college
- Ways to save for retirement
- Selecting investment vehicles and securities, including the tax differences between Roth IRAs and Traditional IRAs
FAN is grateful that Beckman High School is providing us with the opportunity to give back to the community, and we are excited and hopeful to continue growing our relationship with Beckman. We would also like to extend a special thanks to Principal Donnie Rafter, Sam Bailey, TJ Prendergast and Rene Stein who are making this class possible.
And finally, we would like to thank our team members, Umesha Weerasuriya, Financial Advisor, Spenser Messmore, Financial Advisor, and Dane Fahey, Paraplanner, who are putting in extra hours and effort to contribute to the education of these students. We commit to training our rising Financial Advisors to give back the community.